Thursday, December 15, 2005

Bloody Santa - Freedom of Speech?

Can you believe it? Again but worse if you can imagine!! Click Here to my previous post of Santa hanging from a tree Don't tell me that this is a small issue in reference to Christmas, people are going to an all time low that I have never witnessed in my entire life. The pictures are so bad that I can only post this one because of how gruesome the others are. My heart breaks for children and how traumatizing this must be for them to see in person or on the news. This story was aired on our local station but it is in N.Y. This story makes me sick to report it, but for ones that think there is no war against Christmas this only shows just how bad it has gotten. I do not even want to hear the free of speech defense again. This is outragous!!

(CBS4 News) NEW YORK A New York City family’s holiday decoration is giving new
meaning to the phrase, “You’d better watch out.”

In the family’s yard,
there’s a bloody, bearded Santa Claus hanging from a tree. Old Saint Nick is
holding a bloody knife and a beheaded Barbie.

The family members are
reportedly non-practicing Jews, who want to make a holiday statement with their
disgusting display, protesting the commercialization of Christmas.

Their
16 year old daughter came up with the idea, based on the movie, “Silent Night,
Deadly Night.” Full Story and Pictures

To an upbeat site of Jews and many groups that are defending Christmas Jews For Fairness "Jews Against Anti-Christian Defamation" Don Feder was on Fox N Friends this morning.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mahndisa S. Rigmaiden said...

12 17 05

Hey Suzie: Thx for visiting and praying for me. I am better, although not totally well:) I avoided going to the hospital at the eleventh hour cuz I could stomach a tablespoon of water and now am back to writing a bit!

This article is what we have all been talking about. How utterly irreverent. You know, as a kid certain things you didn't do. And although these people have the right to do something awful, they certainly are not respectable for doing so. And why couldn't they make a statement in their own home or in their back yards!???

It just seems like nothing is sacred anymore. But I will say this: At least it wasn't Jesus being abused like that. The way things are, I expect that to happen soon because we value nothing in this sin scorched society. Sorry for ranting, but this is disturbing. And off to rest I go. I hope you are doing well and if not, am praying for you:)

12/17/2005 12:56 PM  
Blogger Assorted Babble by Suzie said...

Disa, thank you for commenting over here...I am just now finding it. I am so happy to hear you are feeling better...prayer works that is for sure. So sorry to hear you were that sick...that is awful.

You make a very good point about Thank the Lord it was not Jesus displayed. I am outraged by these stories...this was posted also on my main blog. Rae Ann made a point about regulations and this is taking freedom of speech to another level. More than Disgusting!

I so much appreciate your prayers, you will continue to have mine....take care of yourself and get well soon. God love ya!!

12/18/2005 9:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home